DRAGBURNER LIVE RULES (see both sections)
Please use a desktop or laptop to
see all details on this event. Mobile devices will not show full page.
* No wading or stringers allowed. All redfish must be caught and released on the spot. Other species can be kept.
* There is a mandatory FB Live online check-in from 6:00-7:00am. You video must include: being on the water, introducing your team, showing your empty livewell on your boat.
* You may launch your boat anytime prior to take off but must stay within 50 yards of the ramp.
* August 28 take off time is 6:30am from the launch area. First cast is 7am
* There will be no need to measure any fish since this is a catch and immediate release event.
* If you catch a fish under or a fish over the above slot there is no need to post the video to FB Live.
* To video a scoreable fish, either one of the anglers can video each other. You also have the option of bringing an extra person on the boat to video.
* You are only allowed to have a max. of 2 redfish on the boat at the same time.
* In the event a stringer weight tie, the largest fish of the stringer will be the tie breaker for the win. Next largest fish would break the a tie if the largest fish were the same.
How to video: (2 OPTIONS) standard video and post to GRS fb or FB Live on GRS fb.
1. Go to the GRS Facebook page (GRS staff will set you up to post LIVE on the GRS FB page).
2. Go to CREATE A POST then click on LIVE VIDEO button below.
3. Click on START LIVE VIDEO when either fighting the fish in the water or when the fish has been landed on the boat.
4. You will see a red box on the top left corner that says "Live", and you are now recording.
5. Clearly say your names or team number (ex. "Smith & Jones" or "Team #18")
6. Clearly tell us the time. (ex. "It is 10:05am.")
7. Clearly tell us what # fish this is that is being reported. (ex. "This is fish #3" if you had already filmed #1&2)
8. Power up the scale and video that the scale is at ZERO.
9. Weigh fish and lock in the weight. Show the locked in weight up-close in clear view, and say the weight.
10. Video the release of the fish back into the water.
11. * Either add info to printable scorecard and show camera OR type in the information on the video after shared.
(info we need to keep up ---Names or Boat #/Time/fish #/weight of fish)
12. Hit the FINISH button after you have completed all steps. A check mark will appear once complete.
13. Find the options Share or Delete in the bottom right corner. There is no need to check or uncheck any other options.
14. Click the SHARE button- your video has been shared to the GRS FB page. Click the DELETE button to erase the video if the fish is under or over the above designated slot. There is no need to post for non-scoreable fish.
* Instead of FB live, you have the option to do a std video by camera then post to Grs FB page with CODE WORD.
(We will have multiple videos and trainings to go over all steps for FB Live prior to the event.)
In the event that you are out of cell phone service area, we will post a CODE WORD at the beginning of the event that you can use and post a recorded video of your catch that you were unable to post. This ensures that all catches happen the day of the event. You must get in cell phone range and post all recorded videos before 2pm sharp. This means leave the area you are fishing and get close to the dock to post. Any videos posted after 2pm will not be scorable fish.
*Your videos will be retrieved & we will add to your online total score as quickly as we can.
*Any of the these steps that are not clearly shown on video may result in a fish being non-scorable.
DBLIVE Series Rules
Catch film and release unlimited reds in the 4-9lb slot.
Teams must launch a min. 10' boat with transom and min 20HP engine at a public ramp or private slip
2 man teams of any combo of am or pro- extra camera person allowed on boat to film.
You may keep a legal limit of any species excluding redfish.
No measuring system since it is pure catch and release- scale ONLY .
if a possible entrant has been DQ’ed by purposely trying to violate tournament rules or refuses to take a polygraph test in any other event, he or she shall not be allowed to fish in any DB LIVE event.
After a 5 years time away from his or her violation, we will re-evaluate a possible reinstatement.
Boat ONLY. Kayaks are not allowed at all in this division. You may NOT ferry a kayak in your boat.
An angler has up to 1 minute to reweigh only if they believe they weighed incorrectly or the scale weight is incorrect. If you do reweigh and the weight is less, you must use your second weight shown on the scale for your score for that fish.
All fish must be caught by rod & reel with artificial lures. All fish must be caught during the day of the event during allotted times.
Drones are only permitted for media purposes the day of the event. Media must be shown to the directors afterwards to ensure proper usage.
No radios or cell phones may be used to contact anyone or be contacted with ANY fishing related question/info until the angler arrives at the boat ramp.
Non-participants are allowed to be in the participants boats for media or child obligations. They are not allowed to help in any way which includes fishing advice, handling any part of the boat or vehicle, handling any fish, ect.
Wade fishing is NOT allowed.
Competitive distances- waders or boaters must remain 30 yards away from another wader or boat in competition. Anglers must not exceed 5mph when within 50 yards of another boat. If closer, they must be OK'ed by the other anglers. Use courtesy rule with non-competitors.
Scented & spray on scents are legal for lure only events.
The boat operator may not consume alcohol until he/she reaches the weigh in parking lot.
Behind weirs/dams or private ponds or lakes are off-limits. Along with any locations that you know are off limits but may have access, or have fallen / removed signs.
Texas Parks & Wildlife’s regulations apply.
All winners will be subject to a polygraph test onsite or at a later date at the request of only the weighmaster, tournament directors or contestants before collecting their prize.
Protests made by contestants must be made no later than 30 minutes after the last fish are weighed. Written protest must be accompanied by a $250 deposit which will be refunded if the rules committee up holds the protest.
In the event of a tie, the heaviest 2 fish shall break the tie to be declared the winner.
Any angler not following the previous rules can be disqualified from this or any future events. Anglers who post slander in social media will be banned from any future events.
If the weather looks inclimate, it is the anglers responsibility to check the website or call 832-646-3687 to see if the event is on. If you do not see or hear a message, the event has not been cancelled. If it is cancelled messages will be posted by 12am.
For questions during tournament hours up until the start of the weigh in, you may try to call Lance 281-639-8291 or Sal 832-646-3687. All questions should be made prior to the event to ensure an answer to your question. Questions on tournament day may not be answered quickly.
Launch /Wade Areas Participants can use their own private boat slip or must use public accessible property - land or ramps. Using others private property is not permitted by boaters, waders.
You may launch before take off time but must stay within 50 yards of the ramp regardless of the length of the no wake zone if there is one.
Times There is no morning check in. Fish until time is up.
No natural baits are allowed on the boat or in possession during the event.
There is no Weigh in site. When the event is over, scores will be tabulated and there will be a designated location the next day in the evening for check/prize pickup/pictures.
Boundaries shall be the Colorado river including the north Matagorda Jetty Northward to the LA/TX border which is all of Sabine Lake. As long as you can fish with a Texas fishing license and not require a LA fishing license then you are allowed to fish that area. All Bayous/rivers/ponds in between these areas are permitted. Beach and Jetty fishing is permitted up to 1/2 mile off each structure for either event.
The northern LA jetty channel & Gulf side is off limits; Casting into bayous/creeks on the LA shoreline is illegal;
The Marsh connected to the NE Freeport Salt Lake is off limits.
No fishing signs
If there is a no fishing sign placed by a construction company then you are not allowed to fish that area unless ok'ed to fish that area prior by TPW. Signs in marshes on the Texas side placed by private land owners are legal to fish as long as you do not step on their land.
Capt meetings will be ONLINE. There are no mandatory meetings
minimum of 25 (2) man teams to run each event.
No membership- $0 per angler
Adult entry per event-$100
Youth (14-17) entry per event-$35
Child entry per event 13 under-$Free
Heavy Hitter stringer (2 Reds -9lb max)-$40 per team
First to 30lbs- first team to hit or
exceed 30lbs wins "X"